DBS checks (previously CRB checks)
As an Approved Registered Umbrella Body for the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), we carry out DBS checks for our employees, potential employees, organisations and anybody who wishes to have a DBS check done.
All DBS check applicants must be 16 or over.
Please note that the DBS now automatically sends a copy of the disclosure certificate to the applicant once the check is completed. Employees will need to ask the applicant to see the certificate.
The Disclosure Certificates generally take between 2-5 weeks to process.
The Candidate being checked must provide original documents (No Copies) to prove their identity. Please see list below:
- Passport (Current and Valid) OR Birth certificate( issued after time of birth)
- Utility Bill (UK) – (Not Mobile telephone) OR Bank/Building society Statement (Issued in last 3 months)
- National Insurance Details (Paper OR Card document)
- Driving Licence (if applicable)
- Marriage Certificate (If applicable)
Please note that there are 3 types of DBS checks:
- Standard: This check for spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings.
- Enhanced: This includes the same as the standard check plus any additional information held local police thats reasonably considered relevant to the role being applied for.
- Enhanced with list checks: This is like the enhanced check, but includes a check of the DBS barred lists.
For details on pricing and to discuss what type of check will be suitable for you, please contact us.
Applicant Completes DBS application form.
Buzz Housekeeping Services verifies applicants documentation.
Buzz Housekeeping counter-signs application form and securely sends to DBS.
Application is processed by DBS.
Processing is completed. DBS certificate is issued to the applicant at home address.