We currently have requirements for a catering assistant for 20 hours a week, this role is band 2. Please see below for the job description:
- To prepare the Staff Restaurant / Coffee Shop for service.
- To work at all times in a clean and tidy manner ensuring strict adherence to the food hygiene and safety regulations.
- To operate cash registers.
- To assist in the assembly of the patient’s chilled / frozen meal service if required.
- To report any mechanical or safety defects and need for repairs to the administration / management for immediate action.
- To clear tables and relay dirty crockery, cutlery etc. to the central wash up area.
- To operate dishwashing machines.
- To stack and wash crockery and cutlery from the staff meal service.
- To clean prescribed areas as laid down in the departmental cleaning schedule.
- To follow all cleaning methods as instructed with regard to premises and equipment.
- To transport goods to and from the catering department as required.
- To present and serve staff meals and beverages.
- To assist with the safe and effective cleaning of meal service areas.
- To observe the safe, correct use and care of equipment.
- To attend training courses including trust mandatory training and food hygiene courses where necessary.
- To assist in the provision of any function(s) approved by the catering manager.
- To attend and participate in regular staff and supervisor meetings.
- This post is primarily in the dining room, however on occasions it may be required to complete some catering assistant duties in other areas of the department.
- To report any accident to oneself or any other person immediately as per the correct accident procedure.
- The above duties will be carried out in accordance with the department’s / trust’s rules and policies of which the post holder should be fully aware.
- To undertake any other duties that may be required by the catering manager for the efficient running of the catering department.
- This job description is intended as a guide to the range of duties covered and not be regarded as an inflexible specification both employer and employee have a mutual obligation in modifying the description when changes in the work situation occur.
Please submit your CV below today to be considered.
|Job Category||Current Vacancies|